The MDMC meets monthly between September and April (not December). Meeting locations vary, rotating among metro area host churches and Christian colleges. All those in church/parachurch ministry are encouraged to join us. We also welcome guests from the disability service industries as well. No RSVP is necessary and regular attendance is optional.
Pastors and leaders learn about resources, share ideas, answer questions, solve problems, collaborate, connect with and learn from local and national leaders, discover ways of promoting awareness in our communities and, ultimately, make Christ known to people of all abilities. Whether a church already has an organized, official “special needs program” or is simply reaching out to serve one individual or family at a time, this affiliation is a valuable opportunity.
Our collective vision is to help people of all abilities encounter Christ and experience active belonging in the church.
Join Us on Facebook!
The MDMC creates a venue for special needs ministry leaders on every end of the spectrum in experience to:
- Relevant and applicable training to expand or begin disability ministry
- Learn and celebrate successes together
- Serve better by identifying obstacles, brainstorming/testing new ideas and exploring opportunities
- Develop “best practices”
- Support each other through the ups and downs of ministry
- Make meaningful connections with other leaders, resources and referral sources
- Identify collaboration opportunities that will maximize resources, enhance special needs ministry, build community awareness and influence the broader church in better reflecting the sovereign goodness of God in disability and suffering
- Pray for each other
The online discussion forum on Facebook connects Minnesota area church leaders, volunteers and parachurch leaders with like-minded leaders from around the country. We enjoy the opportunity to ask questions, learn about the latest resources, build friendships and benefit from the expertise of many of our nation’s most experienced pioneers in the area of disability ministry.
Questions? Contact the Minnesota office at [email protected].