While Joni and Friends supplies wheelchairs free of charge, Harvest Projects depend on recipient organizations to fund, plan, coordinate, and execute the outreach. Organizations can request 10 to 200 wheelchairs for their purposes.
- Faith-based mission in accordance with Joni and Friends’ Mission and Vision (Learn more about what we believe).
- Valid non-profit status
- Funds to transport the wheelchairs both domestically and internationally
- Able to appropriately fit recipients in wheelchairs
- Share the Gospel with each recipient and their caregiver/family
- Facilitate community inclusion through ongoing care and support
- Provide an outcome report and photos to Wheels for the World
How to Apply:
- Download the Harvest Project application
- Complete all sections of the application in detail, including:
- Statement of Faith
- Organization Details
- Wheelchair Distribution Plan
- Donation Agreement
- Submit to Joni and Friends contact on application for approval
*After review, Joni and Friends staff will notify applicant of next actionable steps.
For more information, representatives for an organization can contact Wheels for the World staff at the Joni and Friends International Disability Center. Additionally, individuals have the opportunity to gain hands-on training by joining a Joni and Friends Wheels for the World Outreach trip. Visit our Events Page to find a list of upcoming Outreaches. Donations of used manual wheelchairs, walkers, canes, and crutches in any condition are welcomed.